Following are answers to a number of frequently asked questions by current tenants on a variety of subjects. We hope you will find the answer to any questions that you might have here. If not, please contact your building manager.

Rent Payments

When is rent due?

Rent is due by the first of each month.

What methods of rent payment are accepted?

We accept personal checks, money orders and online payments. You may pay online at our website, Karademas.com in the “For Our Residents” section.

Where do I pay my rent?

Rent can be paid online at our website, Karademas.com in the “For Our Residents” section. Additionally it can be mailed to Karademas Management at 4532 N. Wilson Drive, Shorewood, WI 53211.

Can’t I just give my rent to the manager?

We strongly prefer that all rent is sent directly to the main office or paid online so that it can go straight to the accounts receivable department. This helps avoid the risk of misplacement or loss during transit between the building office and the main office and gets your payment recorded sooner.

Is there a late fee if I do not pay by the first?

We allow a grace period for payment until the fifth of the month. If payments are not sent by the fifth of the month (according to postmark or actual delivery if by other means), a late fee of $50 will apply.

I did not have sufficient funds in my bank account and my check bounced (or my online payment got rejected). Is there a fee?

Yes. We charge $35 dollars for every bounced check or rejected online payment due to insufficient funds. This fee helps to cover the charges our bank imposes on us for these declined transactions as well as the additional paperwork that results. Please note that you will be subject to late fees for payments made after the 5th of the month.

What if I cannot pay my rent due to unforeseen circumstances?

Because our lenders are not lenient with our monthly mortgage payments, we, too, must also be strict about our rental collections each month. Nevertheless, we understand that unfortunate events can happen even to the best of our tenants, and we will do all that we can to work with you. We must emphasize the importance of informing your manager of your situation when financial troubles first arise, rather than simply not paying your rent that month. By providing maximum notice, our management will best be able to assist you.

Maintenance Needs

What do I do if I need a repair in my apartment?

To request maintenance you may go to our website, Karademas.com in the “For Our Residents” section and fill out your information and the nature of the request. This information will then be emailed directly to the maintenance staff as well as the manager. Alternatively, you may also stop by or call the building’s management office. See the contacts section of the website for this information.

What do I do if I have an emergency repair need?

If the emergency occurs during normal office hours, please contact your manager at 833-888-6774. If it occurs outside of normal business hours please call 414-460-0020 to contact the employee on duty. We value our employees and respect their personal and family time, therefore we kindly request that prior to your contacting them to report a maintenance emergency, that you make sure that it truly is a legitimate emergency.

I do not like the way a repair was done, what should I do?

Please contact your building manager directly to resolve the issue.

I got locked out of my apartment, what do I do?

During regular business hours, contact your property manager for assistance. Outside of regular business hours please follow the instructions for after-hours emergencies. Lockout fees are not applied on the first occurrence, although gratuities may be appropriate in many circumstances. There is a $25 fee for any additional after-hour lock-outs.

I lost my key, what is the procedure to replace it?

Please contact your apartment manager. Depending on your situation we will either need to replace the key or change out the lock. Due to the labor necessary, we charge $25 to replace a key and $50 to rekey the lock.

I lost/broke my garage remote, what is the procedure to replace it?

Please contact your apartment manager. There is a $50 replacement fee to cover the cost of the device and reprogramming.


Can I park on the street overnight?

In the Village of Whitefish Bay, street parking is not allowed between 2:00am and 5:00am without a monthly permit provided by the city. This permit is available at the city hall. Whitefish Bay does, however, allow 15 “free” nights per vehicle during a calendar year. In order to take advantage of this, you must contact city hall and provide vehicle and address information. Village of Whitefish Bay can be reached at 414-962-6690.


What are the procedures for when it snows?

Bay Village will clear the parking lot and sidewalks after each snowfall. As a resident you are responsible for clearing snow off of your front and back porch. For residents with a parking spot in the lot, you must have your car removed from the lot after each snowfall to allow for the plow to clear the lot. Failure to do so will result in a violation ticket of $25.00.

Garbage and Pet Waste

Where do I dispose of garbage?

Bay Village provides garbage dumpsters and recycling containers conveniently located throughout the community.

How should I dispose of animal waste?

Please clean up after your pet by picking up waste immediately by placing it in a plastic bag and disposing it in one of the many garbage containers on site. Please note that failure to immediately clean up after your pet may result in fines or a need to remove the pet from the property. In order to help keep our property clean, please report any one that you see failing to properly clean up after their animals promptly to the manager.

Terminating Rental Agreement

When my rental agreement expires can I just move out?

No. Except in rare circumstances, our leases are for one year, and renew automatically each year. Per our lease, you must give us a sixty-day written notice to terminate your lease. Please note that it must align with the last day of the month.

How do I terminate my rental agreement?

Our leases require a sixty-day notice to terminate. They also must terminate on the last day of the month. Approximately 75 days before your lease will expire, your manager will present you with a form that will allow you to either renew or terminate your lease.

What happens if I am only partly through my lease and I need to terminate it early?

Please contact your manager to discuss your situation as soon as possible. Termination of your lease is solely by management discretion and must be agreed upon in writing. Many factors will be considered including your circumstances, condition of your apartment, the time remaining on your lease and the availability of other units in the complex at the time.

Vacating Your Unit

When do I need to be out of my unit?

You must fully vacate your unit (including the removal of all personal belongings) by the last day of the month otherwise you become a holdover tenant and are responsible for another month of rent.

I have terminated my lease but won’t be out by the end of the month?

When you fail to vacate the unit by the last day of the month, you technically become a holdover tenant and can be held responsible for another month of rent. We do understand, though, that sometimes when a person is moving from one place to another that the dates cannot line up perfectly. As always, we will do our best to work with you, however, in many cases, your unit will already have been re-rented and someone is waiting to move in. Please contact your manager to personally discuss your situation as soon as possible. The more notice that you are able to give us, the better we will be able to work with you.

There is some furniture or other items that I do not want to take with me, can I just leave them in the apartment?

No. Everything must be removed from the apartment and it should be returned to the manager in a clean condition. Failure to fully remove items or to adequately clean your unit will result in cleaning charges that will be taken out of your security deposit at a rate of $50 per hour.

When do I have to return the keys after I move out?

Keys must be returned within 24 hours of vacating the property. You are not considered officially moved out until the keys are returned and you may be responsible for charges until the keys are returned.

Security Deposit

Can I apply my security deposit to my last month’s rent?

No. Your security deposit is held to cover any possible damages to your unit beyond normal wear and tear or to cover any outstanding fees. It cannot be used to cover any rent.

What happens if I do not pay my last month’s rent?

Because our lenders are not lenient about monthly mortgage payments, we therefore cannot be lenient with the rents that allow us to make our payment. If your rent is not paid in any month, including the last month, an eviction will be filed against you automatically, unless you present the property manager with a viable reason as well as a legitimate payment plan. Once a case is filed in court, we no longer have any power to erase the Internet record, which may cause you difficulty in renting an apartment elsewhere in the future. Please be careful to communicate with your manager in the event that rent will not be paid, because the consequences of an eviction filing are severe.

When and how do I get my security deposit back when I move out?

Within 21 days of handing in the keys to your apartment, we will return your security deposit including a detailed accounting of charges, if any. This time frame allows for final utility bills to be received and an inspection of the unit to assess for damages or cleaning needs. Please make sure that you provide the manager with a forwarding address so that it can be sent to the correct location.

What if my security deposit does not cover my charges?

We will send you an invoice notifying you of the balance due and detailing the specific charges. Payment will be expected promptly to prevent further action.

What if I do not pay my outstanding charges?

Any outstanding charges 30 days from the date of invoice will result in the filing of a small claims court action against you.

What do I do if I disagree with the disposition of my security deposit?

You must submit your dispute in writing within 30 days from the date of your security deposit disposition notice.


I am having an issue with my manager, whom should I contact?

Please send an email to karademasmanagement@gmail.com that will go directly to upper management. Please include your name, phone number, email address, the nature of the problem and the steps you have taken to remedy the situation with your manager to date.

Can I paint my unit a different color?

Unfortunately we have had too many instances of amateur painters dripping on the carpeting and wood work. However, for a reasonable fee, custom color arrangements can usually be made with our staff to provide whatever you would like.